In the spirit of Buffer and other small businesses championing visibility, I would like to share an exciting achievement for Waypoint and lay out our goals for the year ahead.
In 2014, we hit a huge milestone. Personally, I achieved a life goal.
I have always planned to launch a viable business before I turned 30 – and I’m proud to say this has now been accomplished. For the last six months, Waypoint has run monthly revenue equivalent to $150,000 per annum.
Garry and I would like to extend a huge thank you to all of our customers, partners, suppliers and everybody who has played their part in the biggest year of our lives.
So where to from here?
Let’s start with our goals for 2015 – as you’ll see, some are easily achievable whilst others are a stretch. Applying the logic that if you set goals and achieve them all they weren’t high enough, we expect to achieve at least 75%. We’ve thrown our personal goals in too, so you can see what we’re up to behind the scenes.
Here’s to a massive 2015 for Waypoint.
Goals for 2015
- Sponsor an event at the 2015 Victoria Small Business Festival
- Set up a training video library for our retainer and support clients
- Partner with a leading accounting firm to set up a business services division for their company, effectively white labelling Waypoint
- Complete a full implementation project in a country we haven’t worked in before (we’ve had Dubai, Hong Kong, US, AUS, NZ and UK so far!)
- Get a PR article into AFP, CRN, The Age or similar
- Recruit a third permanent person (in addition to the current two people and three external staff) for Waypoint in Melbourne)
- Exhibit at Xerocon in Melbourne 2015
- Garry to present at each of our quarterly Small Business Discussions
- Publish 4 blog posts per month (both on business and personal themes) for 2015
- Achieve $250,000 equivalent yearly revenue for three recurring months
- Recruit a UK based contractor and develop channels in the UK
- Grow retainer and support recurring revenue to $5,000 per month
- Grow Waypoint website to 600 individual visits, and 1,000 views per month (approx. increase of 40%)
- Garry to lead a number of projects across many varying industries, focusing on working with at least 15 start-ups in setting up positive systems and processes.
Stretch goals for 2015
- Partner with three leading accounting firms
- Complete implementations in three new countries
- Grow Waypoint to five people in Melbourne
- Achieve $350,000 equivalent yearly revenue
- Grow retainer and support recurring revenue to $10,000 per month
Dan’s personal goals for 2015
- Get married in February 2015
- Take a two week holiday in second half 2015 (possibly USA)
Garry’s personal goals for 2015
- Continue to grow personal network and on-board 2 new accountants/bookkeepers to Waypoint
- Get involved with RMIT Business Design Class as an alumnus.
Do you have any thoughts? If you can help us to achieve anything (or we can help you to achieve one of your goals) please get in touch through the usual channels!
To keep us on our toes, these will be updated throughout the year, so keep an eye out.