I recently came across a company targetting a common pain point for small business operators. And I can see I’ll be recommending their productivity solutions to many of my clients.
The crew at QuickWinDevelopment have developed a series of add-on tools for Microsoft Office that integrate directly with Xero. Their MS Outlook and MS Excel integration tools provide direct access to the Xero API, allowing you to build the reports you want with the data you need using the power and flexibility of both Outlook and Excel.
This will enhance your workflow and boost your productivity – the goal of every small business operator I work with.
The integration tools designed by QuickWinDevelopment are particularly useful for Xero users who need a very small feature. For example, you may have a specific requirement for their business. Or you may need to report information by combining several of the standard reports in Xero.
I’ve spent some time chatting to the Director at QuickWinDevelopment, Ruairi, and have summarised some of the best ways to use this platform for small business below. The included video runs quickly through the processes, and explains several ways you can manipulate and use this data. There is assumed a reasonable knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel processes.
The video may be a little heavy for the average Xero user, but it provides an idea of the scale of possibility with QuickWinDevelopment’s integration add-ons.
Microsoft Excel Tool
- Pull reports straight from Xero into Excel, saving all formatting for future
- Build your own customisable dashboard to easily analyse trends in your business
- Backup your Excel database with key information locally
- Link reports to other sources in order to run mail merges or system integrations with ease
Microsoft Outlook Tool
- Use Microsoft Outlook’s calendar function to create time billing directly from appointments into Xero
- Create Quotes directly from emails using your own details and email signatures
- Synchronise all contacts between Xero and Microsoft Outlook
As always, for a specific review of your business systems, or to learn more about these MS integration tools, contact Waypoint today to book a free consultation. We’ll make sure you’re getting the most out of Xero.