Waypoint has been named one of the Top 100 Coolest Companies in Australia, part of Anthill Magazine’s 10th Annual Cool Company Awards.
Alongside several hundred applicants, the Melbourne-based cloud integration specialist made the 2016 shortlist and is in the running to be crowned Coolest Company in Australia.
One of Australia’s largest online communities for innovators, entrepreneurs and business owners, Anthill hosts a range of awards each year. The 30under30 Awards was launched in early 2008 to encourage and promote entrepreneurship among young Australians. The Smart 100 Index is the biggest awards program dedicated to innovation in Australia, recognising innovative and commercially creative businesses. Waypoint was selected as a Smart 100 Finalist in 2015.
Anthill uses the Cool Company awards process to “uncover and identify inspiring stories and unconventional opinions, from within and beyond the winners circle.”
The Coolest Company Award for 2016 will be selected from one of the 11 category winners, including:
Innovation Award (Innovative Product or Research)
Global Growth Award (Global Footprint)
- Social Capitalist Award (Making the World a Better Place)
- Micro-Business Award (Less than 5 Staff)
- X-Factor Award (Exceptionally Different)
- Number ‘Crusher’ Award (Marketplaces & Memberships)
- Mobile Business Award (Apps & Devices)
- Online Business Award (Online Only Business)
- Savvy Service Provider Award (Consultants & Services)
- Super New Startup Award (Startups)
- Big Kahuna Award (50 or more Staff)
- Coolest Company Award
According to Anthill Magazine, “The Coolest Company will have demonstrated success by doing things differently or defying convention to bring about positive change.”
Applications are assessed by experts in business development, venture capital, intellectual property and industrial design. Winners, finalists, honourable mentions and Top 50 participants will be announced on December 8th at Launchpad in Richmond.
Wish us luck!