The three amigos of any and all Accelo builds. How these three functions interact with each other creates the fundamental automation of Business Process required to get the most out Accelo.
Accelo uses status to determine and telegraph
You can have multiple custom status names and these can be unique from each module you use and even unique to different Types of leads. Enabling you to have multiple Statuses for a complex lead pathway vs only a handful for a returning customer pathway.
The options are rather endless but the key task for Status is to give a clear indication of where work stands at the shortest glance.
Progressions work in connection with Statuses. They represent the tangible pathway of getting from one status to the next. They keep your business process respected and prevent work being mishandled. Below is a representation of the simplest form of progression using the previous lead example:
In this example we have a single progression moving from New Enquiry to Quote Sent. In this example we only have a single progression but understand there could be multiple options coming from New Enquiry. These means you can have a scenario where you can move a New Enquiry through to a Unsuitable (Lost) or even escalate a complicated sale for quotation by management.
It’s due to this flexibility that you can use Progressions to map and provide only the logical next steps for those working in Accelo ensuring consistent communication and easier onboarding of staff.
Actions are results and outcomes. They are tied directly to progressions and essentially are a list of items you wish Accelo to do when someone uses that Progression. The example below shows a list of Actions the system will do when the progression is selected from New Enquiry to Quote Sent:
Actions themselves can be a wide variety of things. These can include but are not limited to:
- Update Fields: Present standard and custom fields for the user to complete. Great for getting staff to update notes, probability, value and even due dates as they become known rather than expecting them to complete such details before they’ve spoken with the client
- Create Activity: Enables you to template an internal note or client email that can even be populated using merge fields from the record type (Including Custom Fields). Creating those standard templated emails staff send every day into the system not only saves time but keeps your key communication points with your clients standardised across the company.
- Create Task: This will present and even pre-assign tasks to users with dynamic start/due dates based on when the progression was selected. By using Task Actions you can create automation that ensures leads that have been provided with a quote have the sales person automatically assigned a follow call task for 2 days time.
- Upload Files: Ensure all file uploads are requested at relevant points. Using this to request photos after a site visit has been completed for instance.
- Special Process: These processes are as special as the name suggests adapting and providing different options depending on the module you’re in. Assigning a ticket is an example of a Special Process action that is unique to the Tickets module.
Combining both Statuses and Progressions with the results of Actions provides an adaptive way of matching your business process with system process whilst providing ample space for automation and time saving uses of logic.